We love to connect with
Every year Embrace hosts a number of free community dances and arts based events. When possible we try to host these events with other like minded community organizations. Previous events have included our annual Halloween and Valentine's dances, as well as our online Summer Summit.
For the most up to date information on our events, check out our Facebook page or follow our Instagram feed.
Coming Up Next...
ATTN: January 22nd Friends and Family Dance Fitness is Cancelled Due To Staff Illness. We apologize for any inconvenience this causes.
The Annual Friendship Formal
Join us for the Annual Friendship Formal! This all ages, all abilities event is an opportunity to dance together. The event will be hosted by your classic emcees - Emily & Tiffany.
Pre-registration for the dance is required so that we can ensure we are meeting our venue's new capacity guidelines.
This event runs on Saturday, February 11th, 2023 from 6:30pm - 8:00pm
This event takes place at Fairfield Community Centre (1341 Thurlow Rd)
This multigenerational program is open for individuals of all ages and abilities. We ask that participants who who are under the age of 18 or those who require 1:1 support to please attend with a guardian or support worker.
A few additional notes about this event:
- "Formal" means whatever you feel good in. If you like to dress up fancy, this is a great opportunity to do so, but it is not at all required to attend.
- Light snacks will be provided.
- Masks are not required according to provincial mandates at this time. However, for the safety of those attending we highly encourage you to wear as mask if you are comfortable doing so.
- We will not be using any form of strobing or flashing lights during this event.
- This is a wheelchair accessible location that has gender neutral, single stall bathrooms available.
- Our aim is to have a scent reduced environment, so please refrain from using any scented products prior to attending. This not includes products with artificial scents like perfumes, colognes, body sprays but also products made with essential oils.